Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sustainable Development...?













So the problem is clear! We are multiplying like rabbits with no apparent plan in place. Do we need to adopt Chinas plan of government mandated population planning? I don't claim to be any type of expert on the subject, but common sense reigns supreme. The larger the population the larger the drain on natural resources. Additionally, all of these new humans will contribute to global warming and energy consumption.

My solution, well, cant say that I have one. Although, I would venture to say that some serious family planning would be in order. We cannot continue to expand forever, the population has to stabilize at some point. I should hope we can come up with a viable solution at some point without any one telling us whether we can or cannot have another child. Just a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment